The Insurance Office arranges cover for the University's property, travel, motor vehicles and legal liabilities such as employers' liability and public liability. Certain specific 'ad-hoc' covers are also arranged
The Financial Regulations require Departments to notify the Insurance Office of the following:
- All forthcoming plans or events which involve risk to the University
- Immediate notification of the purchase or disposal of any vehicle, or vehicles hired by the University
- Purchase of contents or groups of contents valued in excess of £100k
- Incidents, situations and possibilities which could give rise to a claim
- All claims must be notified to the Insurance Office in accordance with claim procedures
Insurance matters connected with the University's research portfolio, including clinical trials and consultancies, are handled by Research Services .