If you think that a claim, summons or legal correspondence concerning the above could potentially arise after an event, you should contact the Insurance Office or Legal Services Office immediately.
To support the Insurance Office with the claims process, we ask that departments
- Carry out prompt accident investigation (PDF)
- Forward details of any claim or potential claim to the Insurance Office immediately.
- Provide all relevant documentation and assist with the claim investigation process to enable the Insurance Office to comply with the timeframes set down by the Civil Procedure Rules timeframes.
- Do not respond to any claim including acknowledgement
- Do not admit liability for any incident
- Do not provide any documentation to the claimant or their representative
There is no excess payable under the Public, Products or Employers' Liability covers.
An excess of £2,500 applies in respect of any Professional Indemnity claim, payable by the department concerned.