How to claim expenses: claimants external to the University

New expenses claim form for external claimants

The University is moving from the paper expenses claim form to SAP Concur eExpenses for most expense claims. Social Sciences Division departments will be early adopters of eExpenses, to allow for a review before it is introduced more widely, and provisionally are expected to introduce the system during June, with the exact date to be confirmed. eExpenses will be available for other departments and participating colleges two weeks later, with individual departments choosing when to start using it and when to stop accepting the current paper expenses claim form (within the window until its retirement at the end of September 2021). Please check with the department or college from which you are claiming when you should start using the new offline Expenses Claim Form (Externals).  


If you are external to the University, the offline Expenses Claim Form (Externals) should be used. This can be completed electronically and emailed in, or a hard copy can be signed and scanned or posted.


Please complete the form in full. If there is missing information, payment may be delayed while this information is sought.


The University requires supporting evidence for all expense claims. This can be:

  • Original receipt attached to the paper form
  • Scanned receipt attached to an email submission
  • In cases where it was not possible to obtain a receipt or the receipt has been lost, a separate declaration should be made. Other supporting information, such as a credit card statement, should be submitted if possible


Once your claim is complete, you are asked to declare that your expense claim is legitimate. Please read the declaration, then either add your name to the form and email it, or sign a printed form and scan or post it to the relevant department.


If you need advice on whether you can submit a claim or on completing the form, please speak to your contact or the relevant departmental finance team.



for use until eExpenses live


for use when eExpenses live



Payment query: