Regulators and Advisory Bodies

Expand All

The Pensions Advisory Service is available to provide independent information and guidance on pension matters and assist members and beneficiaries of pension schemes to resolve any difficulties they may have encountered and which they have failed to resolve with the trustees or administrator of a particular scheme.

Address: 11 Belgrave Road, London, SW1V 1RB

In cases where a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved, and TPAS has been unable to help, an application can be made to the Pensions Ombudsman for an adjudication. The Ombudsman can investigate and determine any complaint or dispute of fact or law involving occupational pension schemes. The services of the Ombudsman are available to scheme members, beneficiaries and prospective members of schemes.

Address: 10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4PU

The Pensions Regulator is the UK regulator of work-based pension schemes. It works with trustees and employers, giving guidance on what is expected of them. It also now acts as the Registrar of Occupational & Personal Pension Schemes.

Address: Napier House, Trafalgar Place, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 4DW


The Financial Ombudsman Service provides consumers with a free, independent service for resolving disputes with financial firms.

Address: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is responsible for welfare, pensions and child maintenance policy. As the UK’s biggest public service department it administers the State Pension and a range of working age, disability and ill health benefits to around 20 million claimants and customers.

The Pension Service (part of the Department for Work and Pensions and helps with State Pension eligibility, claims and payments).

If you can no longer trace previous pension benefits The Pension Tracing Service can help you find them.

The FCA aims to make financial markets work well so that consumers get a fair deal. They regulate Independent Financial Advisors (IFAs).

Citizens Advice Bureau gives people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward. Their network of charities offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free.

Contact Us

 : Pensions Office
       University of Oxford
       23-38 Hythe Bridge Street
       Oxford OX1 2ET

 : OSPS -
       USS -
       NHSPS -
       NEST -
       Auto-enrolment -
 : General - (01865) 616144
       USS - (01865) 616067
       OSPS - (01865) 616020