- To request a Barclaycard, individuals must complete an Application for a Departmental Credit Card form. All mandatory fields are identified with an asterisk *, and the intended cardholder should sign the Declaration in Section D agreeing to the Departmental Credit Card Regulations. In addition, the application must be approved by the Head of Administration and Finance or Head of Department, before being submitted to the Cashiers for authorisation and processing.
- Applications may be signed using any of the following methods:
- Wet signature on original application
- Signed and scanned
- Signed using secure electronic signature software
- Barclaycard will send the new card, plus PIN and PIN Sentry device via secure post, to the Finance Division. When received, the Cashiers will contact the cardholder to arrange for the card to be collected and signed for.
- PIN Sentry devices are required when undertaking some online transactions, as a security measure to verify the identity of the payer. In addition, you will need to use it when accessing the Barclaycard online portal to view transactions and balances and to identify reasons for declined transactions.
- Cardholders can delegate access to their account to a nominated representative - a separate application form is required in this case. Nominated representatives will have access to the account to review transactions, but are not authorised to speak to Barclaycard on behalf of the cardholder. They will also be issued with a card and PIN Sentry device to facilitate this, but the card cannot be used to make purchases.