eExpenses training and support
Training, guidance and support available for claiming or approving expenses in SAP Concur eExpenses
eExpenses is now live!
SAP Concur eExpenses is now live and available to all departments and participating colleges.
The SAP Concur 24/7 Support Desk is your first port of call for queries about using the eExpenses system. Contact them on 0800 389 8758 or via Help within SAP Concur which also offers a chat function.
For issues relating to accessing eExpenses please see Managing access to eExpenses for information on how staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students are set up and the forms needed to add and remove access if required.
CoSy training courses
Training is available for both claimants and approvers and budget-holders via CoSy, our course booking system. The training is not mandatory but is recommended.
- Log into CoSy and click the Course Search tile. Enter Expenses into the Course Title/Keyword field and click the Search button. Work though the screens and return to the Dashboard. Your training will be available from the My E-Learning tile
- You can return to any section of the training at any time
The claimant course will take approximately 1 hour to complete. You will learn how to:
- Set your profile
- Create claims
- Allocate & itemise claims
- Upload receipts
- Use the mobile app
Approver and budget-holder course
The training for approvers will take approximately 45 mins. You will learn how to:
- Add delegates
- Deal with departmental and budget-holder approvals
- Check allocations & itemisations
How To videos
Once you start using eExpenses you might find it easier to refer to a short How To Video for tasks that are rarely performed such as allocating the costs to different account code combinations or projects. Again, there are different versions aimed at both claimants and approvers and budget-holders. Each video lasts no longer than three minutes.
These videos can be accessed from the Financials Training web page.
Quick Reference Guides
There are also short guides available online of to print off showing the key actions required for using eExpenses:
- Claimant QRG (PDF)
- Approver QRG (PDF)
SAP Concur Mobile App - ExpenseIT walkthrough
SAP Concur have provided step-by-step instructions for the ExpenseIT and Drive functions in the mobile app. ExpenseIT & Drive - Walkthrough.
SAP Concur 24/7 support desk
If you need further help using eExpenses please contact the SAP Concur 24/7 support desk, which should be your first port of call for queries about using the eExpenses system. (If your issue relates to logging in, detail about the University’s Expenses Policy or expenses payment you might be referred to your departmental finance or admin team or to the University’s central Finance department.)
SAP Concur has signed agreements that they are compliant with UK GDPR regulations and they are set up to meet our legal requirements. While it has call centres around the world and follows the sun model, whereby calls are directed to a centre that is currently open in business hours regardless of where the call originates, University data is hosted in UK data centres.
SAP Concur support desk staff cannot see your password or bank details within the system and you will never be asked for these. When you contact the support desk you might be asked for the following information:
• Full name
• Company (organisation) name
• Phone number: in order to allow for a call back, if required
• Work email address: in order to confirm identity
You can access support by phone or via Help within SAP Concur, which also offers the option to use Chat.
SAP Concur support desk phone contact:
UK: 0800 389 8758
UK toll number for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Asia): +44 2037 936933
Worldwide: see contact details within SAP Concur itself
Log in to SAP Concur eExpenses
Only use this link, do not access via SAP Concur website. Re-click here if session times out
SAP Concur 24/7 support: 0800 389 8758
Try the app!
When eExpenses is live in your department, download the app and log in using:
- Verified email address or
- SSO (in format firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- University unique mobile code (95D6V7)
- Expenses claim form - Externals (xlsx)
- Expenses claim form - Externals (pdf)
- Taxable benefits expenses claim form (xlsx)
- Taxable benefits expenses claim form (pdf)
- Expenses claim form - Non-UK bank account (xlsx)
- Expenses claim form - Non-UK bank account (pdf)