Supply Chain Impacts: If you rely on specialist items purchased from third parties who have supply chains in affected regions, we recommend you discuss with your suppliers any risks to the supply of those particular items and ensure you are comfortable with the suppliers’ plans to mitigate those risks. The Purchasing Department is engaged with potentially impacted preferred suppliers and as and when any specific information is available we will publish this via Purchasing News.
How Key Travel is handling COVID-19 related refunds and some frequently asked questions regarding refunds.
Key Travel have developed this COVID19 microsite to keep customers informed about boarder restrictions, airline news, global airline policies, FAQs and how to book, cancel and amend.
Airline and Key Travel change fees: Some airlines have temporarily waived their fees for changes in light of the current travel disruptions. For any scheduled flight booking, originating in the UK, made through Key Travel Online from 9th March to 30th April 2020, which is subsequently cancelled or changed by the booker, Key Travel will waive the Key Travel cancellation and change fees. This applies to one change per booking and does not apply to bookings made on low cost airlines. Any charges in respect of cancellations or changes levied by airlines will still apply. The cost of a replacement flight may be more than the original flight and the booker will pay for this difference.
From 1st April 2020 Key Travel are implementing the Government sponsored Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. This involves many of their employees being ‘furloughed’ temporarily and will mean that Key Travel will operate with a reduced core team. Operationally, this team will support our bookers and travellers with changes to travel, cancellations and new bookings. Whilst this core team is in place, they will also be limiting their account management and marketing support to the following services:
- Support for the above operational activity
- Situational updates and keeping in touch
The Purchasing Department will remain in regular contact with Key Travel to ensure we are aware of any future changes.
Dell: As preferred supplier of Desktop and Laptop PCs, Dell have provided specific information on standard configurations of desktops, laptops and monitors lead times:
- OptiPlex 7070 MT – 2 day Leadtime on top of standard 3 to 5 working days.
- OptiPlex 7070 SFF – 2 day Leadtime on top of the standard 3 to 5 working days.
- OptiPlex 7070 Micro – 2 day Leadtime on top of the standard 3 to 5 working days.
- OptiPlex 7470 AIO – 5 day Leadtime on top of the standard 3 to 5 working days.
- Latitude 7300 – 10 day Leadtime on top of standard 7 to 10 working days.
- Latitude 7400 – 23 day Leadtime on top of standard 7 to 10 working days.
- Latitude 5500 – 23 day Leadtime on top of standard 7 to 10 working days.
- Latitude 5300 2-in-1 – 33 day Leadtime on top of standard 7 to 10 working days.
- Latitude 7200 2-in-1 – 28 day Leadtime on top of standard 7 to 10 working days.
- Latitude 7400 2-in-1 – 33 day Leadtime on top of standard 7 to 10 working days.
- P1917S – 6 day Leadtime on top of standard 3 to 5 working days.
- P2319H – 2 day Leadtime on top of standard 3 to 5 working days.
- P2419H – 6 day Leadtime on top of standard 3 to 5 working days.
- U2412M – 6 day Leadtime on top of standard 3 to 5 working days.
- U3419W – 31 day Leadtime on top of standard 3 to 5 working days.
Dell: To support staff members working from home Dell have increased their discount to 15% on all “home” monitors in addition to 20% off Dell branded accessories. These deals are available for staff personal use and need to be ordered via credit card. The document below details a multi-use voucher that can be applied to purchases on the Dell.co.uk store.
Dell Work From Home Initiative (PDF)
Office Depot have to suspend all desk to desk deliveries due to the COVID 19 situation and can only deliver to a reception area. Therefore any orders placed should state a reception/drop off point for the delivery driver.
Merck Life Science UK Limited
On 1st July 2020 Merck Chemicals, Millipore (UK) and Sigma-Aldrich will be consolidated into Merck Life Science UK Limited. Please note the following:
- Hosted Catalogues will be consolidated under the new Merck Life Science UK Limited entity.
- Associated Punchout links in Oracle Financials will be renamed and remain available.
- The last order date for the old legal entities will be the 30th June.
- Oligo orders via the Punchout will cease on 30th June. The Punchout will become available again on Monday 6th July.
- Non-Oligo orders placed against the new entity between Wednesday 1st and Friday 3rd July will not be processed until Monday 6th July.
Departments are advised to place advance orders where necessary against the existing Merck, Millipore or Sigma records to compensate for the absence of order fulfilment between Wednesday 1st and Monday 6th July.
Biolegend are offering 25% off Recombiant Proteins (excludes Animal Free) and Neuroscience Antibodies until the 30th June 2020. Pricing is live on Oracle Financials.