Why run this report?
To find Accounts Payable (AP) invoice lines that have never been validated
When should you run this report?
This report should be run in order to check the entry of Payable Invoices and Credit Notes as part of your month-end process. We recommend using this report as part of normal month-end routines to avoid incomplete AP invoices from distorting financial reporting and showing as commitments in the Projects module.
How to run this report
The above parameters are the defaults so in order to run for the entire department, remove the User parameter (i.e. leave blank) and populate the Department parameter.
Which outputs are available for this report?
- Excel - a simple list of data that can be filtered but has no totals.
Which roles have access to this report?
- XX Payables
- XX Payables No Release Holds
- UO Internal Trade User
- UO Payments X
- UO Payables FA Accountant
- UO Payables Enquiry
Hints and Tips
The User parameter will default from your user ID but can be removed, if required.
The report has security enabled so that only those invoices entered by your department will be returned.
Batch number is needed to do the cancellation from the Batch, so the Batch Control details can be amended.
Parameters changed to ensure the report cannot be run with parameters that make the output incorrect.
Any incomplete AP invoices can then be completed so that they won’t hold up the purchase to pay process. If the invoice is no longer needed, it can be cancelled by someone with a UO Payables Departmental responsibility using the following steps:
- Find the invoice
- Amend the invoice number by adding a full stop to the end (this is to make sure that if the invoice needs to be entered again it will be the correct unique number)
- Click on the ‘Action’ button
- Click ‘Cancel’
- Click the ‘Ok’ button
- Amend the description to indicate why the invoice has been cancelled (this is for ease of later enquiries)
- Click ‘Save’