This report is distributed to save departments time and provide consistency in financial reporting.
There is no drilldown functionality currently with FSG reports so if detail is required we recommend running the GL transactions listing in parallel with this report.
Please send requests for distribution list amendments or enquiries about the reports to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why run this report?
- For a summary of the Income and Expenditure transactions within the General Ledger at mid level, in order to review the financial status of your cost centre, department, division etc.
This FSG report provides an income and expenditure (I&E) report at mid level, showing cost centre budget, actual spend and the variance between them for the cumulative year-to-date. It also shows last year's actual spend, the current year's budget, latest forecast(s) for the full year and variance between latest forecast and current year budget.
How to run this report
When running these reports, always use your departmental General Ledger responsibility and enter one of the following:
- Content Set – this will give you an Excel worksheet per level selected, e.g. cost centre or cost centre parent.
- Segment Override – this will return a single worksheet covering the segment you requested, e.g. a single cost centre, assuming that it does not compromise your security access.
Take care when printing the PDF outputs to ensure that you use the “Shrink Oversized Pages” option.
The Inc & Exp Report - MID FTE, FTE information appears at the foot of the report.
Which outputs are available for this report?
• Excel - a simple list of data that can be filtered but has no totals.
• PDF - a printable and emailable format that cannot be edited.
Which roles have access to this report?
Everyone with access to the GL module can access FSG reports.