Expense accruals report
Working with the eExpenses accruals report to monitor progress of claims not yet submitted or submitted and in progress
Why review this report?
- To review and monitor claims not yet submitted
- To review and monitor claims that are in the approval workflow
- To prompt approval of claims, particularly where they may have been awaiting approval for some time, including identifying where a claim might be ‘stuck’ due to a gap in the approval workflow
- To review claims returned to a claimant
- To calculate amounts to be accrued if relevant or taken into account when calculating remaining budget, particularly useful for projects
When should you review this report?
- This report should be reviewed monthly to prompt approval prior to month end or inform accruals calculations
- It can also be run as needed to provide information for budget reviews
How to run the report
In addition to receiving a distributed version of this report, BI Managers can run it using the following parameters:
- Transaction Date: add specific dates, or select Earliest Date to Latest Date to capture details of all claims submitted from system go-live to the current date
Which roles have access to this report?
Hints and Tips
- BI Managers are assigned to claimants in departments and can view data on those claimants (not on transactions charged to the department)
- Only one BI Manager can be set up per department and are assigned at department level (there is no hierarchy in eExpenses to link departments to divisions or subdivisions)
- The report includes expense transactions that have not yet been approved and exported to Oracle Financials
- Column D (Claim Key) is the cross reference for Oracle Financials
Report output example (PDF).
Log in to SAP Concur eExpenses
Only use this link, do not access via SAP Concur website. Re-click here if session times out
SAP Concur 24/7 support: 0800 389 8758
Try the app!
When eExpenses is live in your department, download the app and log in using:
- Verified email address or
- SSO (in format firstname.lastname@example.org) or
- University unique mobile code (95D6V7)
- Expenses claim form - Externals (xlsx)
- Expenses claim form - Externals (pdf)
- Taxable benefits expenses claim form (xlsx)
- Taxable benefits expenses claim form (pdf)
- Expenses claim form - Non-UK bank account (xlsx)
- Expenses claim form - Non-UK bank account (pdf)