Why review this report?
- To review and monitor claims not yet submitted
- To review and monitor claims that are in the approval workflow
- To prompt approval of claims, particularly where they may have been awaiting approval for some time, including identifying where a claim might be ‘stuck’ due to a gap in the approval workflow
- To review claims returned to a claimant
- To calculate amounts to be accrued if relevant or taken into account when calculating remaining budget, particularly useful for projects
When should you review this report?
- This report should be reviewed monthly to prompt approval prior to month end or inform accruals calculations
- It can also be run as needed to provide information for budget reviews
How to run the report
In addition to receiving a distributed version of this report, BI Managers can run it using the following parameters:
- Transaction Date: add specific dates, or select Earliest Date to Latest Date to capture details of all claims submitted from system go-live to the current date
Which roles have access to this report?
Hints and Tips
- BI Managers are assigned to claimants in departments and can view data on those claimants (not on transactions charged to the department)
- Only one BI Manager can be set up per department and are assigned at department level (there is no hierarchy in eExpenses to link departments to divisions or subdivisions)
- The report includes expense transactions that have not yet been approved and exported to Oracle Financials
- Column D (Claim Key) is the cross reference for Oracle Financials
Report output example (PDF).