Why review this report?
To understand the level of efficiency at which the expense approval process is operating, in other words the length of time it takes for claims to be approved and sent for payment.
When should you review this report?
- This report is included in the Month-End Dashboard
- This report should be reviewed periodically to gain assurance over the effectiveness of the expenses process within the department
How to run the report
In addition to receiving a distributed version of this report, BI Managers can run it using the following parameters:
- Sent for Payment Date: add specific dates, or select Earliest Date to Latest Date to capture details of all claims submitted from system go-live to the current date
- The sent for payment date is the date that the claim is exported from SAP Concur
Which roles have access to this report?
Hints and Tips
- BI Managers are assigned to claimants in departments and can view data on those claimants (not on transactions charged to the department)
- Only one BI Manager can be set up per department and are assigned at department level (there is no hierarchy in eExpenses to link departments to divisions or subdivisions)
- The report will show claims that have been sent for payment and the date of each approval step along with the name of the approver at each step
- All approvals made by an approver will show on this report however the auto-approved steps and dates will not appear in this report as this is out of scope
- Column C (Claim Key) is the cross reference for Financials
Report output example: 1 page (PDF).
Report output example: 2 pages (PDF).