Why run this report?
- For a detailed review and analysis of all expenditure items which the Projects module flags up as
- To assist with budget management of projects.
When should you run this report?
This report can be run as needed for checking the commitments charged to a project but especially:
- Monthly, as soon as the Projects module has been closed, to report to budget holders the list of commitments as at month end.
- At project milestones. As and when required, for data verification, and commitment investigation.
How to run this report
Select the following parameters:
The Project Organisation parameter is now mandatory. Leaving the "Organisation" parameter as "University of Oxford" will return all commitments charged to projects and tasks linked to your department.
The Project Status parameter is no longer mandatory and is defaulted to 'Approved','At Risk','Dormant','Pending Close', but can be amended.
Flexible parameters allow the report to be run by Project Manager, task manager, a project or a range of projects, expenditure category and expenditure type, supplier name, project organisation, project status, and project type, funding type, project customer.
Which outputs does this report have?
- Excel - a simple list of data that can be filtered but has no totals.
- Excel Pivot - designed to make analysis of the data easier, the default layout can be changed once the report has opened in Excel from this output.
Which roles have access to this report?
- UO Projects Departmental User
- UO Projects Departmental Enquiry
- UO Projects Enquiry
Hints and Tips
- To capture the commitments for the month – always run the report as soon as the Projects module closes. The month-end updates section of the Oracle Financials login page is updated when modules close.
- The report will return the commitments in real-time during the month, and will only match the PSI screen if the report is run early in the morning (or after a manual update is done).